Weekly Thought Starter #38: Get into extreme self awareness – Upcoming REAG events!
September 26, 2016 – No. 38
- GET INTO EXTREME SELF AWARENESS
- FORGIVE YOURSELF
- LAUGH AT YOURSELF AND STAND TALL
- UPCOMING EVENTS:
– PARTICIPATE IN THE MONDAY NIGHT WEBINARS
– PARTICIPATE IN SPRINGBOARD SEPTEMBER 28 AT THE MARRIOTT
– PARTICIPATE IN THE FINANCINGSEMINAR ON OCTOBER 4
– PARTICIPATE IN THE REAL ESTATE ACTION WEEKEND OCTOBER 14/15
“The foundation for great achievement is Extreme Self-Awareness. Get to know yourself. Be exactly who you truly are. Want whatever you want, and go for it! Ask for stuff. Try stuff. If you make mistakes, learn from them, pick yourself up and go again. Nothing magnificent was ever built on a foundation of doubt or “maybe.” Make yourself a promise to be “Self-ish” and go for it! ” – Philip Humbert
Philip Humbert – the great motivator speaks often about the “The Four Pillars of Success”
– the foundation for all extraordinary achievement is this:
– Top Achievers Have Extreme Self-Awareness.
– Top Achievers have Unusual Self-Acceptance
– Top Achievers are Unusually Selfish
– Top Achievers have Unusual Self-Projection
Humbert argues that Top Achievers know themselves and their values. They know what they want, where they are going and what they will DO with their lives.
They have taken time to “get over” themselves.
They tend to be humble because they are not confused or grasping or complaining.
- They are not particularly worried about pleasing others because they have learned to please themselves.
- The real winners in life have figured out who they are and where they are going in life. They are them SELVES. They are unusually self-aware.
- Top Achievers also know their strengths and weaknesses; they can laugh at
themselves and stand tall.
- They have an unusual ability to
accept life as it is and move forward.
- They are willing to speak out and they expect to make a difference. They volunteer, they try stuff, they learn and they take risks. They are the “movers and shakers”, the ones who put themselves in the game. They “stir things up.”
Because top achievers are unusually aware of themselves and others, they are comfortable with their own power and can use it to make a difference.
He recommends doing this:
- Keep a journal. Notice your values and preferences, ponder the things that happen in life and strive to understand them.
- Forgive your past mistakes or blunders. You’re human. Welcome to the club!
- Forgive others. The past is past and life is just life. Let’s get on with it!
- Be yourself and let others know who you are. Face it; we’re all a bit “weird” and very individualistic. That’s the beauty of it!
The foundation for great achievement is Extreme Self-Awareness. Get to know yourself. Be exactly who you truly are. Want whatever you want, and go for it! Ask for stuff. Try stuff. If you make mistakes, learn from them, pick yourself up and go again. Nothing magnificent was ever built on a foundation of doubt or “maybe.” In 2005, make yourself a promise to be “Self-ish” and go for it!
Humbert says it all. Whatever we want in life is within us … Just let it out!
LIVE LIFE LARGE
Ozzie and Ralph
ACTION THOUGHT THIS WEEK:
This week I WILL ask for stuff! Try stuff! I WILL JUST – LET IT OUT!
September 28th – Springboard to Real Estate Action
October 4th – Creative Financing Seminar for REAG members only, hosted by Ralph Case & Kyle Green. This event is free to attend for REAG members but you MUST register with Max (email@example.com)
October 14th & 15th – Real Estate Action Weekend, this event is free to attend for REAG members but you MUST register with Max (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1) PLEASE NOTE: Your next exciting meeting is today! Monday, October 17, 2016 at 6:30 PM (sharp!). The meeting will be at: The Vancouver Alpen Club, 4875 Victoria Drive, Vancouver. If you are bringing a guest, please e-mail email@example.com.
2) NEXT ACTION PLAN/GOAL SETTING MEETINGS:
Next Action Plan Meeting is October 17, 2016 at 5:30 (Alpen House before the monthly meeting).
Action plan meetings are the foundation of your REAG membership. At these informal meetings there are no wrong answers. Groups of approximately 10 members share their goals and develop specific 3- day “action plans” to bring them to reality. Earl Nightingale said, “Success is the progressive realization of a worthwhile goal”. At the action plan meetings, we celebrate small successes and acknowledge everyone’s progress. The idea is to keep focused on a monthly basis and get into action. It’s all part of the process of “growing into your future best”. Sign up today!
For Action Plan meetings registration go to: https://www.reag.ca/events/categories/action-plan-meeting/
Action Plan meeting participants are seeing great success! Try attending the next one!
3) Make sure to explore all the new and exciting features at www.reag.ca
Take a look at your own private member section. Create your own team, post your deals with photos, and respond to other deals directly with the posting member. Use it! We developed it with YOU in mind. Feedback is welcome and appreciated.
4) Don’t forget to use the DEALS section
You will find it on our website at https://www.reag.ca/forum/hot-deals/ as a place to post for your deals. If you haven’t used it, TRY IT! It is so simple to submit. You are able to include photos of the property as well as all the details directly to other REAG members.
5) SUBMIT YOUR GOOD DEALS TO OZZIE
He is always looking for great deals to be featured in his Hot Properties section of the Facts by E-mail, as well as potentially on Michael Campbell’s CKNW Radio Show. You get exposure to thousands of investors! Send your deals to Ozzie no later then Friday at noon for inclusion in the following week.
6) SOCIAL MEDIA
If you are on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn, make sure to check out our REAG page and “like it” for updates on members, activities, and Real Estate updates!
Ozzie and Ralph are also on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram! Make sure you send them a friend request!
7) Get your REAG membership FREE
Remember that you get 2 free months for every friend you introduce who signs up for REAG! So if you introduce 6 friends…your year is free! Your guests can attend a monthly meeting preview ONCE ONLY and you must register their name, e-mail and phone number with Max (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the meeting.
8) Elevator speeches
If you have an accompanying PowerPoint presentation, you must send it to us at least 24 hours before the monthly meetings! Try cutting down to 3 slides! We cannot guarantee PowerPoint presentations will be available if they are sent to us less then 24 hours in advance.
9) Submit your offers!
Don’t forget to submit your offers at each meeting to be entered into our Wine Bottle Draw!
They must be real offers, not chicken scratches on a piece of paper. They do not have to have been accepted offers, the idea is to MAKE OFFERS. Show and tell and win!