Real Estate Action Weekend
Date(s) - 10/14/2016 - 10/15/2016
6:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Segal Graduate School
Categories No Categories
Real Estate Action Weekend Course Outline
How to be a professional Flipper
Quick-Flips: How to identify value. How to ‘know’ when you are buying below market. What is a good deal? Buying with an open contract. Buying as ‘nominee’. How to ‘control the contract’, how to get Advantageous terms
How to become a Shark
Where to find foreclosures, where to find local CMHC contacts, where to find designated realtors. How to approach banks, Credit Unions and mortgage brokers. What to do to get your offer into court, procedures. Attendance in court – who? What lawyer and Realtor to pick and how?
How to be a good Investor – For life
Create unearned income for life. Become independent of your job. Create your own job security. How to keep what you have. Differences between buying many suites all over the place and an apartment block.
How to select appraisers / Home inspectors
Where to find, when to use. How to use Assessment Authority data. Market evaluations versus appraisals.
How to select builders, developers and contractors
Architects Commercial Renovation Residential, how to select a builder, a contractor, what to look for, what contract to write – terms you MUST include.
Totally concerned with financing sources, tricks and tips, Financial Institutions, Foreclosures, Mortgage Brokers. How to get up to 107% financing on some deals.
Dealing with bankers, lenders and accountants.
We will also touch on:
- Record Keeping
- No Money down mortgage
- Option to buy
- Proper forms
- How to buy Apartment Buildings without a down payment
- How to find government owned property – Canadian and British Columbia Land sales, where to find them, how to buy crown land, how to buy surplus land, how to trade with the government. Contacts and sources
- How to hire real estate professionals
- Proper property management
- Differences between Commercial and Residential property management. Multi-unit, single unit. Rental pools, how to hire, what contract, how to get a credit report, proper forms. Tenants will pay off YOUR mortgage.
- How to keep and find good tenants
- Tips to increase income
- Tips for the do-it-yourself Landlord
- What to expect from your tenant?
- Illegal suites
- Basement suite investment. Municipal and neighbourhood worries.
- Buying real estate
- Make the most money on the day you buy
- Selling real estate
- Getting all the exposure FREE.
- Selling ‘by owner’ pitfalls and possibilities.
- Tips for maximizing value
- Selecting the ‘selling’ Realtor
- Price your home right
- Benefit and Feature Sheet
- Get the property on the net
- First Impressions
- Get rid of the junk
- Sell the sizzle
- Understanding and using real estate sales documents and checklists
- The agreement for sale, Addendum to agreements, listing contracts – pitfalls. The personal inspection, the ICI list, the condo list.
- Do’s and don’ts of buying
- In’s and Outs of buying
- How to work for Sale by Owners
- Handling objections – what to say on the phone
- Actual success stories – the only thing that matters – ACTION!
- In’s and Outs of buying
- Joint Ventures, Syndicates, Limited Partnerships, private investor groups. Don’t just be an investor, be an owner of a business.
- What’s a cap rate? Net operating income? Net income multiplier?
- Creating a specific Action Plan to achieve your goals
- Economic outlook
- What’s in store for 2017 and beyond